I know many of you have already planned your food for the day, but maybe you won’t have time tonight to make the St Patrick’s Day meal. Here is an awesome excuse to pick up one of the remaining corned beef briskets on sale and make it this weekend!
- 3 pound corned beef brisket with season packet
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 1-2 bottles of amber ale(medium colored beer not light) enough to cover beef ¾ way up
- 12-16 oz brussel sprouts
- 2 T of butter
- ½ cups sour cream
- 2 T whole grain mustard
- In a large slow cooker, place seasoning packet, beef, carrots and beer. Cook until beef tender (high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours).
- If cooking on low, place the brussel sprouts on top of the beef to steam cook.
- In a bowl combine sour cream and mustard.
- Slice the beef and serve with the veggies on the side with bowl of sauce.
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine