If you are looking for something out-of-the-ordinary for a party or school treats, looks no further. Martha Stewart has some really clever ideas for this, including these awesome little favors. You can get the instructions here.
- small balloons
- orange and black tissue paper
- dilute glue
- pop balloon and pull out from hole
- fill with treats
- cover and glue with orange tissue
This adorable little purse can be made in under an hour and with things you already have in your home. We have made so many of these over the years that I started thinking of other uses for them. 😉
The original idea came from familyfun.com in 2007. Since then, the company has gone through changes so it is hard to find this cute little craft so I am providing it from my stash of cool kid crafts!
Love Note Tote
- 2 paper plates
- hole punch
- colored paper
- Fold both paper plates in half, placing one inside the other on an angle to form a heart. Staple together.
- Round top edges with scissors. Then punch holes in the top center of heart, front and back.
- Decorate as desired.
- Add decorative ribbon, tying knots on inside of heart.
How can you go wrong with a cool clay heart that can be passed out for a classroom Valentine’s treat? I am not really fond of handing out candy to our kids’ classes, so this is a great option instead. For the girls, we actually add a little glitter to add that sparkle. This was origianlly provided my familyfun.com many years ago, but it always pleases.
Play Clay Heart
- 3 cups of white flour
- 1 1/2 cups of salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs of cream of tartar
- 3 1/4 cups of water
- 6 Tbs of veg oil
- Red food coloring
- Rolling pin
- Heart shaped cookie cutters
- Small cellophane bags (walmart wedding crafts)
- White paper
- Hole punch
- Mix flour, salt and tartar in a medium pan.
- Separate bowl, mix liquids then adding drops of food color until satisfied with color.
- Pour liquid over dry ingredients in pan and stir. Cook over med-low heat stirring constantly, until mixture holds together and gets too hard to stir. (It will stiffen even more as it cools 5-10 mins)
- Knead clay briefly, then roll out to 3/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter.
- Place each heart in a cello bag. Decorate white paper tags, punch holes in tags, and tie each bag closed with ribbon and a tag.