Here is a super easy recipe that I have been wanting to try. I adapted it from the Fix-it and Forget-it 5 Ingredients book.
Greek Chicken in a Pita - Crock Pot
Have dinner waiting for you and your family with this fast and delicious crock pot recipe.
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 5 servings
- 1 oinion, chopped
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken, your choice
- 1 tsp of lemon pepper
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 T of chopped cucumber (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
- ½ lemon
- 1 small diced tomato (optional)
- Crumbled Feta (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook 6-8 hours until chicken is tender.
- Before serving shred chicken.
- Put chicken back in slow cooker and add oregano.
- Mix yogurt, cucumber, diced garlic and light squeeze of lemon half.
- Place pita in microwave for about 15 seconds to soft up.
- Place small amount of chicken mix into your pita and top with sauce and tomato.