Well, I had the awesome opportunity to meet with Let Them Eat Foods at the Gluten Free Allergen Free Expo. We discussed how my youngest is a breakfast person and that it is her absolute favorite meal of the day! They then told me they carried a Fluffy Pancake Mix. No Way! So I had to make them for Bella. The only thing is, there is not always time to make a fabulous breakfast for the kids. I thought what if I pre-made them and stuck them in the freezer for her? The mix was simple to make and did not require any thing odd so why not?
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla (if using vanilla milk, may add 2 tsp if not)
- 1¼ cup of vanilla almond milk (gluten free)
- 2 T margarine, melted
- 3T mini chocolate chips (gluten free)
- Beat egg until well combined.
- Add they rest of the ingredients.
- Stir until combined and lumps are nearly gone. DO NOT stir anymore.
- Spray canola oil on skillet.
- Gently spoon batter on skillet till desired size.
- Cook until bottom is light brown and then flip. About 4-5 minutes per side at 350 degrees.
- If freezing, let cool, divide and place in freezer bags.
While cooking these, I did notice a small difference in the cook time. It seemed to take a little longer per side to brown up. Around 4 mins per side. But overall, these were totally do-able and would easily replace the flour pancakes in a heartbeat. The milk called for is alternative milk, which could be buttermilk? or whatever you like. I used Vanilla Almond Milk so I only used 1 tsp of vanilla. If you use another kind of milk I would add 2 tsp of vanilla instead. The package made about 13 medium pancakes which I cooled.
Once cooled, I separated them into 3 pancakes per freezer bag (Bella’s serving size). The kids reheated them in the mornings in the microwave for about 50 seconds. All 3 kids loved the pancakes! My one daughter had them without any syrup and the other two added syrup. They all asked if I could make some more and I will most definitely will! What a great pancake this turned out to be, so we will be trying Let Them Eat Foods other items too.