Crispy Southwest Chicken Burritos
If you love southwest food but want something healthy and fast, then this is for you. Light and satisfying.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Healthy Southwest
- 1 c cooked rice (room temp or warm)
- 1 c cooked diced or shredded chicken
- 1 c black beans 12 oz drained and rinsed*
- ½ red and/or green bell pepper*
- ¼ cup of corn*
- ¼ c fresh cilantro
- 1 T of chili seasoning
- garlic salt to taste
- 2 cups of shredded taco or Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Lime juice from ½ lime (one good squeeze)
- 6 burritos (low carb)
- Mix everything together except sour cream. Divide into six servings and place down the center of each burrito shell. Roll up shells leaving ends open. Spray tortilla with cooking spray lightly all over.
- Heat large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat for a minute. Place 1-2 burritos at a time in pan seam side down until golden brown. Flip. About 2 minutes per side. Plate burrito placing a small dallop of sour cream on top of burrito with a sprinkle of cheese and cilantro.
- *Instead of using the separate ingredients, I used frozen red bell peppers, corn and black bean (defrosted) which cut the prep time down quite a bit.
Adapted from melskitchencafe.com and bettycrocker.com. Enjoy!